The AccessNurse readmission reduction program exceeded the hospital’s anticipated results.
• $1.2M Savings due to 30-day readmits dropping 3% during the program’s first seven months (a 24% improvement and an estimated annualized savings of $2.1M)
• 49% Cost savings due to outsourcing the program and keeping nurses on the floor to provide patient care
• 42% Average increase in HCAHPS patient satisfaction questions resulting in a likelihood to recommend the hospital
• 3% Increase in follow-up appointment compliance
• 94% Of all needed interventions resolved by AccessNurse RNs with only 3% requiring escalation to hospital staff